The Association for Experiential Education (AEE) exists to connect a global community of educators and practitioners and expand their capacity to enrich lives through Experiential Education.
We fulfill that purpose by:
- Increasing member skills and knowledge
- Connecting members to each other
- Defining and identifying professional standards and best practices
- Measuring the impact and value of experiential education
- Fostering career and employment opportunities for members
What is important to us?
- Relationships are central to AEE’s success and must be developed and nurtured.
- AEE is a learning community, committed to ongoing questioning and analysis of its activities and processes, discussion of failures and lessons learned.
- Dialogue and connection between individuals from different settings, perspectives and areas of professional focus is important and a core aspect of AEE.
- Challenge is often achieved through activities in the outdoors, though use of the outdoors is not a requirement for experiential education. Accordingly, we recognize the value of nature and the outdoors.
- Supporting members in their work leads to educational and societal change and broader adoption of experiential education.
- We strive for transparency in everything we do.
AEE follows the Carver Policy Governance Model with Mission and Ends.
Contact the staff or Board of Directors to learn more.