This list will be updated as more workshops are confirmed
NOLS Risk Management Training $700 (Discounts: 10% off for AEE members and NOLS Grads, 15% off for AEE Accredited programs)
National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS)
Risk management planning is critical for any organization taking students or participants into remote environments or outdoor settings. Using lecture, discussion, exercises, and hands-on scenarios, this 2-day training will provide a structured approach and the necessary tools to build a risk management plan appropriate for your organization.
During this training, participants will:
You'll come away with the following tools to help you manage risk:
- Learn a structured approach to organizing a risk management plan.
- Think analytically about curriculum, administrative processes, staff hiring and training, field support services and crisis planning.
- Use the NOLS risk management framework to evaluate an incident and a program for weaknesses in their risk management plan.
- Participate in exercises to help people evaluate their organization’s approach to staffing, contracting, and emergency and crisis planning.
- Risk Management Action Plan Workbook
- NOLS Crisis Management Template
- NOLS Wilderness Medicine Protocol Package ($149 value)
- Risk/Release, Health Screening, and Orientation Checklist examples
- Self-study Program Assessment Tool
Tuesday, November 7 8am-5pm
Wednesday, November 8 8am-5pm
Location: Le Centre Sheraton Montreal