Travel & Lodging
Le Centre Sheraton Montreal
1201 René-Lévesque Blvd W
Montreal, QC H3B 2L7
Learn more about...
AEE has negotiated a discounted hotel rate of $169 Canadian Dollars (approximately $130 US) for a single or double room plus tax (3.5% lodging tax, 5% federal tax and 9.975% sales tax per night). The contracted rate is good until either the room block sells out or until October 2, 2017. Availability and rate cannot be guaranteed once the room block is sold out or after this date.
Pre and Post Stays
The contracted rate is available three days pre and post the conference dates based on availability.
Reservations can be made online or by calling the hotel.
- To make reservations online click here page.
- You may call the hotel directly at 888-627-7102. Please identify yourself as attending the Association for Experiential Education Conference (not AEE) to secure the discounted hotel
Pierre-Elliott Trudeau International Airport is located about 30 minutes (12 miles) from the hotel. Expect longer travel times during rush hours.
Ground Transportation (from airport to the hotel)
- Taxis are available at the airport for approximately $40 Canadian Dollars one way.
- Montreal also has a new company of taxis working quite similar to Uber with an app, this is Téo taxi. Click here for more information.
- Public Transportation - The STM 747 bus from the airport has a stop in front of the hotel on René Levesque Street. Bus fare is $10 Canadian Dollars. Click here for more information.
Driving and Parking Instructions
Entry into Canada
Driving Instructions can be accessed by clicking here.
Parking options can be accessed by clicking here.
AEE has registered the 45th International Conference with the appropriate Canadian agencies which assists the visa processing office in assessing the purpose of the applicant’s trip and request for entry into Canada.
Letter of Invitation
AEE recommends and is prepared to provide any conference participants with a letter of invitation. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information and one will be provided.
Securing the Necessary Paperwork for Entry into Canada (VISA/ETF)
- Legal Name (as it is listed on your passport)
Delegates are encouraged to submit their visa applications well in advance of the date of the event. Visa processing times will depend on the location of the office and time of year. The following links will provide you with the necessary information in regards to any necessary documents that are required, locating a visa processing center and options for applying online.
NEW - Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)
- Click here for information on required travel documents for entry into Canada
- Click here for visa office locations
As of November 10, 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to or transit through Canada.
- Click here to check if you are required to apply for an eTA.