2021 International Virtual Conference
Registration is now Open! Prices increase Sept 30
About the Conference
From November 11-14, AEE’s 49th Annual International Conference will convene attendees to promote, define, develop, and apply theories and practices of Experiential Education. Our Conference is intentionally designed to create a collaborative environment where you can grow your career, discover valuable new strategies to integrate into your work, and develop lasting personal and professional relationships.
Join hundreds of Experiential Educators from around the world for four days of engaging workshops, meaningful networking, and informative presentations...all from the safety and comfort of your own home!
*Prices increase September 30!
What sets the AEE Conference apart?
With endless virtual event opportunities, why invest in the AEE Conference? We empower our attendees with opportunities for collaboration. This isn't another Zoom webinar, it's not a time to sit through a presentation and silently spectate. Our virtual conferences are facilitated to encourage participation, sharing, and connection. Oh, and did we mention we have tons of fun?
But don't just take our word for it. Here's what attendees from our 2020 Virtual Conference had to say about their experience:
"I was really motivated and shocked that a virtual conference could be so interactive and inspiring!"
"My expectations were exceeded. I attended some of the most engaging virtual workshops I’ve ever been to. I did not expect to be able to sit through a 3 and a half hour workshop and feel fully engaged, but the presenters made it easy."
"I thought it was a great conference, by far the best virtual conference I’ve attended so far this year. I was expecting to gain a lot from the conference but it honestly surpassed my expectations"
"I was surprised by how connected I felt to others at the conference even though everyone was virtual."
Learning Through Experience: It's What We Do.
Individually, we branch out with our varied backgrounds and experiences across a variety of disciplines and settings. Collectively, we unite through our roots of our belief in the power of Experiential Education.
See the history of AEE Conferences HERE
At the 2021 AEE Conference, You Will:
- Connect with leaders and innovators in our industry - authors, researchers, professors, and organizational founders. We are intentionally designing abundant virtual spaces for informal networking, providing opportunities to meet, chat, and make meaningful connections.
- Boost your informed facilitation by learning how Experiential Ed is taught, shared, and studied from practitioners from all over the world.
- Be exposed to all areas of Experiential Ed, kick-start your network, and see the full scope of what is possible with a future in Experiential Ed.
- Learn from trailblazers of a wide array of Experiential practices, standards, and initiatives.
- Explore how others are adapting and navigating their work and programs during challenging times.
- Increase your professional network by collaborating with trainers in the many facets of facilitation and practice during our robust workshop offerings.
- Leave feeling refreshed and re-energized. Our virtual conference programming will leave you with the momentum and inspiration to take on your next goal.
"I left feeling very uplifted and excited. Learned new things that I can take into the classroom with me right away."
"I discovered an amazing and sincere community. I connected with people who will be able to help me in my journey and with whom I want to create something, even though they are on the other side of the globe."
"I felt so much better after the conference, rejuvenated, reinvigorated, and with new skills to apply to online structured activities/workshops/etc."
Who is this Conference for? Short Answer: Everyone.
Many disciplines and settings utilize the methodologies of Experiential Ed such as:
- Outdoor and adventure education
- Non-formal education
- Place-based education
- Project-based learning
- Global education
- Environmental education
- Student-centered education
- Active learning
- Service learning
- Cooperative learning
Experiential Educators include an extensively broad range of professionals such as:
- Corporate team builders
- Challenge course practitioners
- Environmental educators
- Mental health professionals
- Classroom Educators
- Professors and many more.
32 Countries represented
76 Workshops offered
23 Unique networking & social events
99% Indicated an interest in attending again
Follow us on social media and use #AEE49