Agenda & Programming
REGISTER | EXHIBIT OR SPONSOR | LODGING AND MEALS | VOLUNTEER | AGENDA | FAQS | PRE-CONS | SHOP | MEET AEE
Subject to change, ALL TIMES ARE USA CENTRAL TIME (UTC-6) Worldclock converter tool
Monday, October 30 - Wednesday, November 1
Pre-Conference Events times vary, priced individually NOT included in conference registration.
Thursday, November 2
Friday, November 3
Saturday, November 4
5:30pm-7:00pm Cherry on Top: Ice Cream Sundae Social in Connection Expo (Tripp Commons)
- Offering workshops on topics like: Environmental Education, Risk Management, Outdoor & Adventure Education, Classroom Education, Higher Education, Facilitation, Therapeutic Adventure, Social Justice & More! Presentations are rigorously reviewed and evaluated, as we strive to make sure our workshops are the most informative, innovative and entertaining in our industry. SEE THE WORKSHOP PREVIEW
- A selection of workshops will be available for Hybrid/Virtual attendees to attend. Please note that not all workshops and events will be streamed live or be recorded for Hybrid/Virtual attendees. As always, larger keynotes and events will be streamed live and the recordings made available on our YouTube Channel!
- CEUs (Continuing Education Units) will again be offered through Colorado State University (CSU) Pueblo. See FAQs for details
- There will be a conference app available for download before the conference begins. If you would like a printed program, purchase one in advance or purchase on-site.
- ActivatEE is designed to facilitate the process of creating one’s story, inspiring the use of one’s voice, and launching an idea - all on stage during a conference keynote. Each year at our International Conference, a small handful of individuals take the stage and share their stories.
The Ewald and Hahn Address is presented annually by a person designated by the Board of Directors who has contributed to the development and advancement of experiential education with the tenacity and conviction exemplified by Marina Ewald and Kurt Hahn.
- We're thrilled to have Dr. Amy Climer as the 2023 Conference Emcee! Amy is the CEO of Climer Consulting and a speaker, trainer, podcast host and coach in innovation and team development. Amy is host of The Deliberate Creative™ Podcast and designer of Climer Cards, a teambuilding tool used to deepen conversations and generate ideas. In 2016, she won the Creativity Award from the Association for Experiential Education.
- Pre-Conferences will occur between Monday, October 30 - Wednesday, November 1. Pre-conference events are not included in regular conference registration and must be registered for separately. Prices vary.
Events & Special Programming
- We will again offer a silent auction
- The Symposium on Experiential Education Research (SEER) provides an outlet and venue for researchers in the field of experiential education to present, share, dialogue, and further develop their research ideas each year at the AEE International Conference. The sessions will offer a virtual zoom option as well for both virtual presenters and attendees.
- AEE Awards recognize individuals and organizations for their contributions to the theory of experiential education and their service to AEE. As conceived by AEE's Board of Directors, the awards process is driven by AEE members.
- The Kidference will take place Thursday, November 2 1:30pm-5:00pm // Friday, November 3 8:00am-3:00pm // Saturday, November 4 8:00am-3:00pm. Register for the kidference during regular attendee registration for the conference.
- Connection Expo (Exhibit Hall) events, hours & logistics can be found here
- Social Events
- Thursday Night Fever! Dance Party
- Friday: Let's Play! Night at the Madison Children's Museum
AEE Will have the ENTIRE Madison Children’s Museum rented on Friday night, November 3 7:30-11pm! We’ll have snacks and beverages and full access to all of the fun interactive offerings at the Museum.
- Saturday: Cherry on Top: Ice Cream Social in Connection Expo
- Come enjoy Ice Cream sundaes and each other's company as we wind down from a pretty sweet conference.