Help Lead AEE Into The Future
Join the AEE Board of Directors!
The AEE Board of Directors has 11 member positions: six officers and five general members. We have one Member-at-Large board member whose term ends November 2022 at the annual conference.
The Member-At-Large position is a three-year term. This open position is decided through a vote by Membership. The position's term will commence at this year's International Conference (November 2022).
This election will close at 9PM EST, August 17th, 2022. Members must be logged in to access.
"Every board member that I have connected to over the past 5 years has taught me more about myself, about group processes and has built my confidence. I really value those relationships and learnings." -Lise, past AEE Board Member
"I've enjoyed working with board members and connecting with AEE friends all over the world since 2018. I joined to serve the amazing organization I love, and to connect with experiential educators and practitioners all over the world.” - Trevor, past AEE Board Member
"Being on the AEE board was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life." - Brian, past AEE Board Member
What does the Board do?
- Refine the long-term visioning for the association
- Monitor the association’s performance in achieving its strategic goals
- Monitor AEE’s financial performance
- Monitor the performance of the AEE Executive Director
- Develop an Annual Agenda that is strategic and helps the board confirm whether the Ends Statements are appropriate and/or needs revising
- Speak with one voice
- Attend two in-person (or virtual) board meetings per year (International Conference, Spring/Summer)
- Participate in monthly video conferences
Who should consider running for the Board of Directors?
- Individuals who are committed to furthering experiential education
- Individuals who are passionate about sharing that commitment with others
- Individuals who have held past volunteer leadership positions within AEE
- Individuals who have the time to commit to monthly video conferences and monitoring work, and two additional annual in-person or virtual meetings
- Individuals who have leadership experience