Help Lead AEE Into The Future
Join the AEE Board of Directors!
Nominations close July 22. Members will vote between August 5 - August 19.
Your leadership and expertise are needed.
The AEE Board of Directors has 11 member positions: six officers and five general members. We have one Member-at-Large board member whose term ends November 2022 at the annual conference.
The Member-At-Large position is a three-year term. This open position is decided through a vote by Membership. The position's term will commence at this year's International Conference (November 2022).
If you’re ready to help lead AEE, or know a well-qualified candidate to nominate, submit the nomination form now.
"Every board member that I have connected to over the past 5 years has taught me more about myself, about group processes and has built my confidence. I really value those relationships and learnings." -Lise, past AEE Board Member
"I've enjoyed working with board members and connecting with AEE friends all over the world since 2018. I joined to serve the amazing organization I love, and to connect with experiential educators and practitioners all over the world.” - Trevor, past AEE Board Member
"Being on the AEE board was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life." - Brian, past AEE Board Member
What does the Board do?
- Refine the long-term visioning for the association
- Monitor the association’s performance in achieving its strategic goals
- Monitor AEE’s financial performance
- Monitor the performance of the AEE Executive Director
- Develop an Annual Agenda that is strategic and helps the board confirm whether the Ends Statements are appropriate and/or needs revising
- Speak with one voice
- Attend two in-person (or virtual) board meetings per year (International Conference, Spring/Summer)
- Participate in monthly video conferences
Who should consider running for the Board of Directors?
- Individuals who are committed to furthering experiential education
- Individuals who are passionate about sharing that commitment with others
- Individuals who have held past volunteer leadership positions within AEE
- Individuals who have the time to commit to monthly video conferences and monitoring work, and two additional annual in-person or virtual meetings
- Individuals who have leadership experience