See You in November!
Early Bird (July 8 - August 31)
Regular (September 1 - November 12)
*3 days, in-person & online
$250 AEE Member
$350 AEE Member
*price per day, in-person only
$50 AEE Member
$75 AEE Member
*3-days online only
$100 AEE Member
$150 AEE Member
Attendee Registration FAQs
- What workshops are being offered? PREVIEW OVER 90 WORKSHOPS
- Do you offer scholarships? AEE has worked hard to provide the same level of professional development at an accessible rate. If you are experiencing difficulties with the registration prices, please submit this form to inquire about scholarship support.
- Is there a discount for Presenters? Yes! Once accepted, presenters will receive a special discount code to use on registration costs. We are no longer accepting workshop/presentation proposals.
- Is there a discount for Volunteers? Yes! All conference volunteers receive a discount on registration costs (and a free T-Shirt!) Sign up here
- All Meals and Lodging are NOT included in Registration costs. Please see our Lodging/Meals/FAQs page for detailed information.
- Is there a discount for AEE Members? Yes! You must be an AEE Member PRIOR to registering (if you sign up as a Member after registering, you will not be refunded for the difference)
- A virtual/hybrid option will be available to keep the conference accessible (a selection of workshops will be available for virtual attendees during each workshop session time on the agenda)
- Can I register for one day if I am only attending online? No, please register for the online only ticket and not the day rate if you are only attending the conference online.
- "I want to coordinate housing/transportation with other attendees!" Once registered, attendees will be able to access a chat room to connect and discuss housing/transportation plans.
- "Are Pre-Conferences included in registration costs?" No. Pre-Conferences have separate registration costs.
"How do I register for the Kidference?" Registration for the Kidference is separate from attendee registration. YMCA Blue Ridge staff will present experiential programming for children between 5 and 12 years old, while you attend conference workshops. Starting at 1:30 on Thursday, November 10 staff will supervise activities including an Alpine Tower Climb, Archery, Survival in the Woods, Low Ropes Course and Appalachian Craft. Let your kids experience all that YMCA Blue Ridge has to offer! (Detailed schedule will be provided to all Kidference attendees at registration *kidference only open during workshop times).
- Visit our FAQs page for more details on transportation, lodging, the agenda, the YMCA site and more!
CANCELLATION POLICY & PAYMENT TERMS
BY REGISTERING FOR THE CONFERENCE, I AGREE THAT:
The Association for Experiential Education (AEE) may host a variety of programs and activities at the AEE International Conference, some of which may have opportunity for *virtual* physical or emotional engagement. Each participant may choose the level of their participation. Minimizing risk is a high priority at the AEE conference, but participants must understand that there are risks of physical or emotional injury, and assume those risks at their own discretion. While the risk of injury is small, they may result from, among other causes, moderate to strenuous activity including the possibility of falling and abrupt contact with fixed and other objects.
AEE recommends that participants be covered by health and/or accident insurance for the duration of their participation.
Participant's Assumption of Risks and Agreements of Release and Indemnity
In consideration of the services of the Association for Experiential Education in offering Conference programs and activities, I, Participant, agree as follows:
Assumption of Risks:
I acknowledge that I understand the activities in which I will be participating and their risks. I understand that certain risks are inherent in the activities, that is they cannot be eliminated without changing the nature and value of the experience. I voluntarily assume all the risks of the activities, inherent and otherwise, and whether or not they are described above.
Release and Indemnity:
I agree to release and to indemnify (indemnify meaning to protect, defend and pay any judgments, costs, and attorneys fees) the Association for Experiential Education, their employees, Board of Directors, volunteers and contractors with respect to any and all claims, including claims of negligence (but not of gross negligence or intentionally wrongful conduct), arising in any way from injuries or other losses suffered by me or caused by me in connection with my enrollment or participation in this conference.
Photo, video, and email release:
By registering, I grant to the Association for Experiential Education, their representatives and employees the right to take photographs or video recordings of me and my property in connection with my attendance and/or presentation(s) during the conference. I authorize AEE, their assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that AEE may use such photographs or video recordings of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, and web content. I authorize AEE and verified Sponsors and Exhibitors of the 2022 International Conference access to the personal information I submitted on my registration form. I authorize AEE and verified Sponsors and Exhibitors to send emails to the address provided before, during, and after the conference, with the understanding that I may opt-out or unsubscribe at any time.
Code of Conduct
AEE CODE OF CONDUCT
AEE is a Membership Association intended to be a safe and welcoming environment for all. All AEE events, virtual and in-person, aim to be inclusive for all, regardless of race, age, health status, ethnicity, ability, religion, political affiliation, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Any discrimination, intolerance, harassment, or aggression will absolutely not be tolerated.
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE AEE COMMUNITY:
- Be kind, courteous, respectful, inclusive, and welcoming to all regardless of race, age, health status, ethnicity, ability, religion, political affiliation, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
- Immediately report any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech to AEE staff
WE WILL NOT TOLERATE:
Examples of unacceptable behavior(s) below, but are not limited to:
- Discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary conduct within any event, forum, or chat room
- Lewd, unruly, or vulgar behavior or language (including but not limited to offensive language, profanity, obscene gestures, or written or spoken slurs)
- Wearing offensive clothing that is exclusionary or discriminatory during any virtual or in-person event
AEE staff reserve the right to determine if any code of conduct has been violated. If it is determined that any code has been violated, you will be removed from the event or networking area entirely without refund. Depending on the severity of the violation, your membership may also be revoked without refund.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being treated poorly, or have additional concerns, please contact any member of the AEE staff.