AEE Accreditation Council Meeting
AEE Accreditation Council Annual Meeting
The AEE Accreditation Council consists of volunteers that are experts in the field of Adventure Education and/or Outdoor Behavioral Healthcare. Each member of the council brings complimentary skills to the table.
The Council is responsible for:
- Setting policy and procedures for the Accreditation Program.
- Developing, adopting, maintaining, evaluating and revising Accreditation Program standards.
- Granting or denying accredited status in accordance with Accreditation Program policy.
- Establishing policy and procedures for the selection, training and evaluation of volunteer personnel to conduct the accreditation process.
- Facilitating the development of educational materials related to the Accreditation Program.
- Periodically assessing the success of the program, revising it as necessary to achieve its mission.
- Attend two face-to-face meetings per year and monthly meetings via video-conference.
- Review agenda and other materials (i.e., liaison reports, etc.) prior to each meeting.
- Serve as a liaison to 5 or more accredited programs and follow through on all liaison duties associated with those programs.
- Periodically review accredited organizational annual reports and prepare and deliver oral report to Council.
- Serve on committees as needed or requested by the chair.